Rivals in the City: the transatlantic edition

Hello, friends. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Rivals in the City will be published in the UK/World in June 2014. The gorgeous cover, designed by Walker Books, is here. And now I have a pub date for the US/Canadian (Candlewick Press) edition of Rivals in the City: February 2015. I am so thrilled to have a concrete date. I know it’s twelve months away, but I hope you’ll find it worth the wait. I hope to have some cover news to share with you soon, as well.

As for today’s main content, Nafiza of the Book Wars interviewed me recently. She wasted no time in asking the big questions: race, geographical identity, masculinity, Canadian identity, and how much of me goes into the character of Mary Quinn. It was a lovely interview for me, and I hope you enjoy it, too.

Tags: , , , , , ,

18 Responses to “Rivals in the City: the transatlantic edition”

1. Helena says:

Yaaaayy so excited!!! Have been waiting this for sooo long!!!! :D

2. Super excited!!! Love this series :)

3. Ann-Maureen says:

How can we see the Book Wars interview? Is it through Stylist magazine in the UK?

4. Day says:

Wait, why do Canadians have to wait until February? Can’t wait to read Rivals! Been waiting for it since 2012! SO EXCITED.

5. Mikaela says:

Thankyouuu!! I love this series and cannot wait!!!!

Thank you so much, Helena and Jennifer and Day and Mikaela! I know it’s been a looooong wait, and I’m so grateful to have loyal readers. Day, the Canadian edition is published by Candlewick Press, so we use the US pub date. Ann-Maureen, there are a couple of hyperlinks in the second paragraph. Click on any of the rust-coloured text (either instance of the word “interview”, for example) and it’ll take you straight to there.

7. Theresa says:

Awesome! I am so excited! And I’m even more excited for the next book you were talking about in the interview, the one set during WWII! I’m so interested in it, and I’m sure it’ll be amazing!

Thank you, Theresa! I’m afraid it’ll be another wait for the Malayan novel, since I’m still researching it. But I really appreciate your vote of confidence!

9. Perla says:

YES!!!!! I’m so beyond ready to finish this journey! I have loved every single moment with Mary & James.

Thank you SO much, Perla! For my part I’m very sad to leave Mary and James, but it’s the right thing to do, storywise.

11. Chaton says:

Hi have you a date for the agency in French ???
    Thank you very very much for thid books ! They are amazing !!!! :D

12. sasa says:

Hi, i’m french I love this serie of novel, I hope one day we will see at the cinema ;)
    For when the 4th agency in France ? THANK YOU !!!

Chaton and sasa, I’m sad to say that there’s no French publisher yet for Rivals in the City. I’m so glad you enjoyed the first three Agency novels, though, and hope you’ll find your way to the fourth, whether in English or French!

14. sasa says:

ok, thank you very much, if you have a news, could you let a remark ?
    Thank you !!!!!!

Certainly, sasa! I’d be happy to.

16. sasa says:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! GOOD CONTINUATION :)

17. Daphne says:

Omg, such a long wait! I don’t think I can wait ’till 2015!!!!! One question I do have is why the cover for the fourth book is different than the other three. Not that it’s not still a nice cover (it’s fabulous), I was just wondering.

Daphne, 2015 is SO FAR AWAY, I know! That’s why the current cover (large lettering) is different: it’s the UK cover. The US/Cdn cover isn’t ready yet but it will match the others.