Rivals in the City!

Hello, friends! My wish came true: this week, just in time for the holidays, I got permission to share with you the UK/World cover for Rivals in the City. The artwork is by David McDougall at Walker Books and I love it, I love it, I love it. I hope you do, too!

And here’s the back-cover description:

Convicted fraudster Henry Thorold is dying in prison, and the Agency asks Mary to take on one last case: to watch for the return of his estranged wife. Mrs Thorold is an accomplished criminal and will surely want to settle scores with Mary’s fiancé, James. With the additional complications of family and conflicting loyalties, the stakes for all involved are higher than ever.

This is the British edition and it’s scheduled to be published in June 2014. I am tremendously excited about this, and will update about the US/Canadian cover and pub date as soon as I can.

Happy December holidays, everyone! I hope you have splendid celebrations.

Tags: , , , ,

28 Responses to “Rivals in the City!”

1. Eeeee! Gorgeous – and I can’t wait to read it!

2. Rade says:

Love it!! Is it the British museum we see in the background? :-D

3. SQUEEE!
    This is so exciting. I can not wait to read it. :D

4. A says:

*_* I want.

5. Barmy_Bex says:

I didn’t know there was going to be a new Mary Quinn book! I am so excited for this. Looks totally awesome :D

Thank you so much, Steph and Prangon and A and Bex! You have sharp eyes, Rade. It is indeed the BM!

7. Kristin W. says:

Very excited.

8. N says:

I love your series so much and can’t wait for the final installment!!

9. Kari says:

Omigosh! So exciting! I have very patiently been waiting for this book and I’ll have to wait even longer since I live in the US. Worth it though

Thank you, Kristin W and N! And Kari, I know it’s been a ridiculously long wait. Thank you so much for your patience. I’m extremely grateful to have readers like you.

11. Arry says:

The cover looks brilliant!!! And I knew it! I knew the Thorolds would come around again! Really wishing I was Dr Who, so I could go to June and buy a copy!!!!!!

12. Saj says:

I have been waiting for this book since the third cam out and I can’t even explain how excited I am to read it! Also, so happy that it sort of goes back to how it all started with the Thorolds and OMG FIANCEE. Do you have a pub date yet? This is probably going to be the highlight of 2014 for me :P

Great cover! I have a casual game called The Clockwork Man. The US cover focuses on the characters. The UK cover focuses on the setting. It’s the same with your books. I’m still wondering why that is.

14. Dana says:

Thank you so much! The cover looks great by the way, different but great:) So excited for it to come out in Canada!

15. Marie-Alix says:

The cover looks splendid ! I can not wait to read it and I hope I will be able to order it from France !
    Thank you very much for writing such thrillling books ! It’s always a pleasure to read them again.
    From a reader in Paris :)

Thank you so very much, everyone! Arry, if you were Dr. Who, I would beg you to take me with you! Saj, I don’t have a North American pub date yet but will post it as soon as I hear from my publisher. MelodyJ, that’s an interesting observation. I hadn’t thought about the UK interest in setting, specifically, but do notice that North American covers frequently depict the main character. Maybe it’s a question of detailed interest in the individual vs leaving the imagination free? Dana, the Canadian pub date will be the same as the US one. I’m hoping we don’t have too much of a wait. And Marie-Alix, thank you! If you want the English edition, I’m sure you’ll be able to buy it in France. I’m still not sure about a French translation, but my fingers are crossed.

17. pogo says:

Thank you so, so much for this news! Reading-wise, there’s nothing worse than getting into an exciting new series and then finding out it’s not complete yet, but I endured it for a decade for Harry Potter so at least I have practice in waiting? And Mary is well worth it. (also, what about ebook releases? Will those also be staggered out region-wise like the physical book releases?) And I did see the ‘fiance’ part, though that is no surprise after the ending of Traitor in the Tunnel, it’s great to have Mary come full circle.

Happy holidays to you and your family, and I hope 2014 will be a great year for you!

18. Helena says:

I’m so so so so excited!

You’re welcome, pogo, and thank you so much for your patience! Helena, thank you! Happy new year to you both. :D

20. jen7waters says:

YEEEESSSSSSS

21. Fog says:

In Rivals in the City how much time has gone by since book 3.

About 9 months, Fog.

23. Barmy_Bex says:

So cool!!! I cannot wait for this! It’s been far too long since I read these books. Need to dive back into Mary Quinn’s world. Excited!!!

Thank you, Barmy_Bex!

25. Deirdre says:

I wish the cover had the same model on it that did the last 3. I feel like ill need to buy the new design of the 1st 3 to match it. But otherwise I am sooo excited!

Deirdre, this is the UK/World cover. If you’re in North America, you WILL get a cover with the same model. I haven’t posted it because I haven’t yet seen it! It’s coming in February 2015.

27. Griffin says:

*squee* I am SO excited!!! I am so ready to read this :) Not to mention me, but all the other folks at the library where I work who devour all three books and ask woefully, “Isn’t there any more?” – now I can finally tell them that there is!

YAY! Thank you, Griffin! I really hope you enjoy Rivals.