Apology (and short update)

Hello, friends. I missed my Wednesday blog date this week, and I’m very sorry. I would like to offer you a reason (not an excuse; I know I was slack): on Sunday night, I emailed my editor a fully revised manuscript for Rivals in the City. And then on Monday, we left for England.

I’m sitting here now, on a clear! sunny! Lancashire evening, feeling both exhausted and contented. I have a steaming cup of tea and a square of 90% cacao chocolate beside me. I’m catching up on email and waiting for my jet-lagged son to fall asleep. And I’m planning to write a blog post for next week about writing Rivals in the City, and why it took so darn long to finish the book.

I hope you’ll pardon my no-show this week, and join me next week. And I hope you have a splendid week yourselves. Happy belated Canada Day, Happy Independence Day, and happy summer!

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to “Apology (and short update)”

1. GEW says:

Congrats on sending off the revised manuscript! And three cheers for England and tea! I hope you have a wonderful trip.

2. Clara says:

Yay! This is sooooooooo exciting. I feel like I have been waiting forever for the final book to come out. Congratulations on sending off the revised manuscript. I can’t wait to read it – although of course I must :)

3. Kari says:

I adore your books! I cannot wait for Rivals in the City to come out! Do you have an idea of when it will be out? Particularly in America?

Enjoy your trip. Congrats on sending off your manuscript!

5. HOORAY for sending off the novel! I can’t wait to read it. And yay for being in the UK! I am waving to you from across the country.

6. PreRaphHobbit (previously JaneE) says:

Congratulations on finishing Rivals! It’s awesome that you’re in the UK now- like a reward. Happy Canada Day to you too and can’t wait for your next post AND your next book! :D

7. E.G.Randolph says:

Congratulations!!!!!
    That is truly a worthy accomplishment.
    I can’t wait to read the last book in this series.
    This question may seem a bit foolish or premature, but…
    are there be other books/series you plan on penning in the (hopefully not so distant) future?
    Happy Summer.

Thank you so very much, everyone! I’m simultaneously numb and thrilled to bits. Kari, I don’t have a firm date yet, but it will likely be at least 6 months before it’s published. Steph, I am waving back and sending you only best wishes for your busy next couple of weeks! Congratulations on finishing a full draft, you WonderWoman you! And E.G.Randolph, yes, I am planning another, quite different book that I’ll start work on in August. It’s a completely different kind of book, so there’s a fair amount of research to do. I love research!