Launched!

Hello, friends. Well, The Traitor in the Tunnel is well and truly launched.

Thank you so very much to everyone who came out on Saturday, especially to Lauren (who drove 150 km to get here!) and to Sara, who brought me an amazing array of retro Nancy Drew postcards, and a tentacle in my favourite colour:

I didn't know I needed a tentacle-finger until I had one.

At parties, one of the first things I usually do is lose my drink, and this past Saturday was no exception. The difference was that I didn’t have a chance to locate it: instead, I spent the entire two hours talking. For me, this is sheer lunacy. (To give you an idea: there used to be days when I didn’t utter a word until my spouse came home from work.) And when I wasn’t gabbing, I was reading.

So thank you, thank you, thank you! I am exhilarated. I am exhausted. And I feel so much love in the world for Mary, James, and the Agency.

I am, above all other things, grateful.

Tags: , ,

6 Responses to “Launched!”

I finished reading “Traitor” quite a few days ago, and I really liked it! I especially liked the ending – a perfect way to wrap the story up. Thank you yet again for writing another terrific mystery!

Sorry for the slow reply, Mara. I’m glad you enjoyed it, and thank you!

3. Heidi says:

Just finished “Traitor” thank you again for another wonderful book I am so happy to recommend to my friends and family. I am wondering if you will ever bring up Mary’s father again and the mystery of his leaving her in the first place.

Thank you very much, Heidi! I don’t want to give away too much, but Mary’s family story will definitely be part of the 4th novel, Rivals in the City.

5. Shann says:

I never really noticed, but most of the books I’ve read are written by female authors. I think that’s mostly because I borrow a majority of my sister’s novels and she loves female authors like E. Lockhart, L. M. Montgomery, Cornelia Funke, Lisa Yee.

That makes sense, Shann. It’d be interesting to see if/how your tastes change once you start buying more of your own books.