This is the month!

Hello, friends. Is it just me, or was this the shortest January ever? I’d still be in denial about its passing, except that I’m so excited for the North American publication of The Traitor in the Tunnel. So it was utterly appropriate that yesterday, as I sat eating lunch, a chipper FedEx guy turned up at my door with this:

I wish this photo did justice to how exquisite this book really is. It could be the colour scheme (my favourite colour is red) but I think this is the most beautiful Candlewick edition yet. And in 27 days, it will be in bookstores everywhere! There’ll be a blog tour happening that week, involving some of my favourite YA book bloggers. And I’ve also begun planning a launch party in Kingston, so if you’re local, I hope you’ll plan to pop in on Saturday, March 3 for food, festivities, and general frippery.

Finally, here’s the bit of the cover that I always have trouble visualizing, even after seeing an electronic version of the cover: what the spine looks like, lined up with the others.

So, what do you think?

Tags: , , ,

19 Responses to “This is the month!”

1. Nicole Krell says:

Gah!!! I cannot wait! Both my daughter and I have been waiting (not so patiently) for the third book to come out. I’m sorry to be such a total fangirl, but I LOVE this series!

2. Rae says:

I am so incredibly excited to read this book and see what happens next with Mary and James! :) And I would be incredibly honoured to meet you – I’m in Kingston so maybe I’ll stop by!

3. Shelley says:

The North American cover is perfect given Mary’s assignment. However, I could not wait for it to be released here in the US and ordered mine from the UK months ago. It is sooooooooooo bloody brilliant (read it a couple of times). I also love to listen to the books and hope Justine Eyre will be doing the audio. Thanks for writing such wonderful characters with such chemistry.

4. JaneE says:

Awesome! I love that all the covers correspond- sometimes they change the layout of the books in the middle of the series, and I just hate it when they do that. The cover is great. I also ordered mine from UK in December…simply could not wait! lol

5. Steph Burgis says:

Oh wow. What a gorgeous line-up!!!!

6. helena says:

congratulations Ying, what a lovely thing to happen whilst eating lunch :D!! i really want one of these copies- i think it is lovely! :) well done again!!! :) wish i could come to the launch party….how much are fares to kingston?!

Thank you so very much, everyone! I’m ridiculously excited for the coming of Traitor but it’s my favourite of the 3 novels, so I’m also feeling a little anxious for it. It’s so lovely to hear your enthusiasm. And Rae, please do come! I’ll post the details closer to the day. And helena, I wish you could beam yourself here for the afternoon; it’d be great to meet you in person.

Ooohhh, I can hardly wait!!!! It looks soooooooooo pretty!!!! I hope to have my own chipper FedEx (well UPS) delivery guy dropping off my own copy of this marvelous book when it is finally released to us eager fans!

Congrats on the third book! That really is a gorgeous line up. I like all the foreign covers but the North American covers are my favorites by far.

10. Hgf says:

I hear that there is a fourth book called rivals in the city? Is it true when is that coming out in england? Please make sure it comes soon or i shall simply burst! I have had dreams all about the book, and apparently it is coming out this month! Is it really true or am i making it up? H

Thank you, Mara A. and MelodyJ! It’s always lovely hearing from you. Hgf, it’s true that there’s a fourth MQ novel, and its working title is Rivals in the City. But I’m afraid you’re not going to like the answer to the pub date question: I’m still working on Rivals, so it’s unlikely to be published before 2014. I’m sorry for the wait!

*GASP* A fourth one?! Oh, that’s the best news ever! 2014 is a long time to wait, true enough, but the fact that you are writing a fourth at all far outweighs the length of time we must wait for it. My day has been made with that news; I’m so happy!

Thank you so much, Mara! You just made my day!

14. rayray says:

I am so excited for the third book!it will be like a late valentine present to myself.

Thanks, rayray! That’s how I think of it, too.

16. Fizza says:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! the book is finally going to come out!!! goo Y.S Lee!!! love your books <3

Thanks so much, Fizza! :D

18. Guneet says:

January was short was’nt it?