Think you love books?

The mad geniuses at Type Books (which hosted my Toronto launch for The Body at the Tower) do. The proof? This absolutely charming stop-action short, showing what books get up to at night. You’d have to be a total grinch not to love this.

Go on – tell me you’re not haunted by the idea of your own books larking about in the near-dark. Mine certainly waltz, trade bookmarks, and commiserate about the recent purge.

And elsewhere on the internet, a very talented reader, Melyssa, made a painting inspired by Mary Quinn! Check it out at her Tumblr.

What are you up to this week?

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “Think you love books?”

1. JaneE says:

I just saw this on one of my friend’s Facebook pages…I love it! I am positive this is why my books are never in the place where I leave them.

I have the gravest suspicions that when I neglect my Book Time, my books begin to misbehave and rearrange themselves at night. I re-catalogued my books recently, and noticed that my “fa” authors came after the “fe” ones, and I am 100% positive that I know which letter comes first in the alphabet. Books can be like disgruntled toddlers.

JaneE: precisely! It’s either gremlins or the books themselves, and we all know that gremlins are fictional. And Mara, I love “disgruntled toddlers” (though mine don’t throw food. I hope yours don’t either!).

4. rayray says:

That was an awsome video!

and talking about gremlins, when i was like 10 i got a book from a second hand store and in it i found i sticker of a cute little thing that becomes a gremlin. then i begged my parents to let me watch the movie, and i started it, but it was so scary that i didn’t finish it. Then the sticker started to freak me out so i pushed it behind my drawers.

5. Ellie says:

This video just makes me soooo happy. I can’t explain it, but watching dancing books always makes me smile.

Couldn’t agree more, Ellie! I watched this three times in a row with a huge grin on my face.