The Traitor, revealed

Hello friends!

In just one month, the third Mary Quinn mystery, The Traitor and the Tunnel, will be published in the UK. Yes, there’s still a long-ish wait for us North Americans (spring ’12), but I hope you’ll find it worthwhile. Candlewick Press are busy shooting the cover, which I hope to get a peek at soon.

I recently heard from an Australian reader, gently ticking me off (in the most charming way possible) for not mentioning Australian pub dates. Mea culpa, Crystal, and I won’t forget again! Traitor will be published there in November. And I was delighted to hear this past week that The Body at the Tower has been long-listed for an Australian teen readers’ award, the Inky. Woot! (Or is there a more appropriately Australian noise of celebration?)

In the meantime, let’s countdown to the UK release (and tide over Americans and Canadians until spring 2012) with this excerpt from Traitor. Hope you enjoy it!

Tags: , , , ,

10 Responses to “The Traitor, revealed”

1. Dulcinea says:

This is SO GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! I am SO not waiting for the US edition, I can’t wait any longer!!!!! :D

2. Ari says:

I love the name of the Inkys, congratulations :D

Spring 2012 for us Americans and 1 month for Britons. *sigh* The injustice of it all. haha

You’re all swelling my ego to unmanageable proportions. But thank you, and I hope if you wait until 2012, you find it worthwhile!

4. Radha says:

How come the British never have to wait?!? Huh, at least I have more time to read the first two books again and again- they never get old. :)

5. DC says:

Bravo! Congratulations on another sure-to-be-fantastic book ;)

6. sebina says:

I’ll definitely be buying both the US and UK editions. I love the excerpt!

7. Jenny says:

lol – I won’t be waiting for the Aussie release either – I can’t hold on that long – mine has been on pre-order for months! Can’t wait to find out what happens next!

Thank you, everyone! Your excitement inspires me.

9. Crystal says:

thanks for mentioning me!!!! and thanks for including aus pub dates i cant wait for the traitor in the tunnel!!! i was just re reading the body at the tower today and i LOVE james easton. he is the best, full stop. i love him. (i would mention mary but i already love her by default)

You’re welcome, Crystal! Hope you enjoy Traitor when you finally get it. :D