Pedants unite!

I’m slogging away at the copyedits for Candlewick’s edition of The Traitor in the Tunnel. One of the things I love about being edited is learning new stuff. For example, did you know the difference in usage for convince and persuade? According to my anonymous but clearly passionate copy editor, “you convince someone to a point of view; you persuade someone to an action”. There you go!

And there’s eye candy this week: the delightful Enrico, who made a stunning fan book trailer for A Spy in the House, has done it again! This trailer is for The Body at the Tower and once more, it’s perfection. Thank you so much, Enrico!

Tags: , ,

7 Responses to “Pedants unite!”

Great Trailer Enrico!

I thought persuade and convince were interchangeable. It’s true you learn something new everyday.

Isn’t the trailer fab, Melody? And I thought the same thing about persuade/convince. Someone also told me the difference between flotsam and jetsam, recently. Apparently, flotsam is stuff that floats on the water (naturally occurring, like seaweed, I guess?), while jetsam is stuff that’s released onto the water (messages in bottles). I love, love, love learning details like that!

3. Chagall says:

Wow wow wow I’m delightful now!!! And soon I’ll make a post on my blog to share the news of the fourth new book!
    I have the feeling that you’ll make us suffer for James and Mary ‘til the very last page of the saga!!!
    Enrico
    p.s. Tank you

Yes indeed, you are delightful! And talented. And generous. Thank YOU for the trailers!

What a wonderfully Sherlockian trailer! I love the music.

Me, too, Mara! Someone on Twitter said she found the tango music surprising, but it worked. I agree!

P.S. I love the adjective “Sherlockian”.