A Walk in the Void & Kat, Incorrigible

Hello friends! This month, Mondadori publishes the Italian edition of the second Agency novel. It’s called La Detective. Passeggiata nel vuoto, which translates to The Detective: A Walk in the Void. I really, really, really wish I could read Italian.

Here’s the cover:

And the full dustjacket:

What do you think?

I also have a few lovely announcements. Some French readers have asked when the third Mary Quinn novel (The Traitor and the Tunnel in English; I don’t know what the French title will be), will be published by Nathan. There’s no firm date yet, but it’ll be early in 2012. Hurray! I’ll update this as soon as I have a date for you.

This month, The Body at the Tower is the Rutgers University Project on Economics and Children‘s Book of the Month! Their review is here.

Deborah Sloan just told me that A Spy in the House is on the Bank St College of Education’s 2011 Best Books List! If you’re curious, their picks are here (as downloadable PDFs), grouped by age. Spy is on the 14 and up list.

And finally, a truly fantastic announcement that’s not about me or my books: Stephanie Burgis‘s debut novel, Kat, Incorrigible, is published this week in North America! Huzzah!

I’ve raved about Steph’s novel before. If you love Jane Austen, magick, sly wit, and sibling solidarity, you will adore Kat’s adventures. But don’t just take my word for it – read the first three chapters here! Congratulations, Steph!

Tags: , , , , ,

9 Responses to “A Walk in the Void & Kat, Incorrigible”

1. I have such fangirlish feelings of joy for you…and for Stephanie!

Can’t wait for The Traitor and the Tunnel!

Thanks so much, Sonia! I’m eagerly awaiting The Revenant!

3. MelodYJ says:

I love that cover. I haven’t found one I don’t like yet. Congrats on your honors.

4. Cialina says:

That’s a fantastic cover! I really love it. :)

Kat, Incorrigible also sounds like a fun read. I may have to pick this one up soon.

5. Enrico says:

Here I am again Ying!
    What can I say? The cover is simply Amazing!!! And if you need some help with Italian, you can ask me anytime you want XD so maybe I will improve my poor english too.
    And my compliments to Mrs. Burgis. The cover of her book is so cute, I hope to find a copy on amazon.it or some other italian site.
    Bye
    Enrico
    p.s. Have you ever thought about writing a historical-mystery novel set in Italy, maybe in a city of art? You know, Venice is full of legends of witches, ghosts, demons and spells. It would be nice…

6. Enrico says:

I make a clarification about the title XD the Italian translation is correct, but the article “La” in front of the title is female, so the following word “Detective” is female too by association. It gives a female connotation to the whole thing.

Thanks for the title clarification, Enrico, and I’m glad you like the cover! Stephanie’s book is terrific, so I hope it finds an Italian publisher soon. And I would LOVE to write a novel set in Italy! It’s not in my plans for the near future, but I’ll certainly file it away for future referece. The research would be so much fun.

8. Enrico says:

In the end I couldn’t resist and I bought Mrs. Burgis’s book on IBS, an Italian site XD
    If you want to read some books of Italian-venetian legends, try Alberto Toso Fei’s “The secret of the Grand Canal” or “Venetian legends and ghosts stories”. You should find them on amazon or the writer’s site, I think.

Thank you for the titles, Enrico! And I really hope you enjoy Kat; I can’t imagine you won’t. :D