Le pendentif de jade

Hello friends,

On Tuesday, I finished the first full draft of the third MQ novel, The Traitor and the Tunnel. (*weak cheer*) Consequently, my brain most resembles a smallish bowl of cooling tapioca. Today I’ll confine myself to announcing that yesterday was the official pub date for the French edition of A Spy in the House. Here’s the cover:

As you can see, they’ve changed the title to The Jade Pendant. I like that the series is still called The Agency, and not L’agence. What do you think?

Tags: , , ,

7 Responses to “Le pendentif de jade”

1. Steph Burgis says:

Wooooot!!!! HOORAY for finishing Book 3! That’s fabulous news!

And as you know, I adore that French cover. I wish I could read French, to justify getting a copy! :P

I’m glad you finished your draft. I like this cover also. What did you have to do to get so many great artists and photographers from around the world?

3. Admin says:

Thank you, Steph and Melody! I’m rather pleased myself (though it’s wearing off – revisions today). And Melody, it’s not me – I’m just ridiculously, unfairly, disproportionately lucky, I’m afraid.

4. Sheejhaumn says:

I’ve discovered this book last month, subsequentely to the french publishing (I work in a bookstore in Brittany – France). I really enjoyed reading it !
    I believe that in French, the translation for “Agency” as used here would rather be “Organisation” (french word !), but nowadays, children learn english soon, and the musicality (?) of english words is still a true romance to us, french people…

5. Admin says:

I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed it, Sheejhaumn! And I love that English words have romantic value in France; it’s exactly the reverse here.

6. Tiphanya says:

I just read it in French and I like the title “The Agency”. But inside the text it’s called “L’Agency” and the mix between French and English looks weird to me (but maybe only me).

By the way, I don’t understand why the English title wasn’t translated. It fits better than “The Jade Pendant” in my opinion.
    Ok, to stop complain, I’ll try to read the next one in English (so I won’t have to wait too much)

7. Admin says:

Hi Tiphanya, I don’t have a copy of the French ed, so didn’t know about “L’Agency” – thanks for pointing that out! I agree with you about the title: le pendentif de jade suggests that’s the core of the story, instead of a minor thread. But I hope you enjoyed the book anyway. Thank you for stopping by the blog.